Sunday, October 27, 2013

I want to be a writer when I grow up...

Yep, I want to be a writer when I grow up. Let me re-phrase that, I want to be a FAMOUS writer when I grow up. Well, let me re-phrase THAT, I want to be a famous writer among the Romantic/Chick Lit author folk. No next-great-piece-of-American-Literature brewing here. I'd be soooo happy if Harlequin picked one of my stories. My apologies if you are now utterly disappointed.

As I prepare my first official "writer" post,  I wanted to blog about the purpose OF this blog. I have neglected my writing. It's all my fault. I have wasted hours on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, BLOGS, etc {once you add them up, of course, not ALL AT ONCE, silly!} when I could and SHOULD have been working on my novels. What can I say? Social media is a bit of a time suck for me. Yet here I am contributing TO social media in the hopes that you will waste your precious time {regularly, I hope} reading MY writing blog. Do not worry. I do not plan on sharing my entire novel with you, but I may post bits and pieces when I am in need of some feedback. My posts on here will not be too long either, as I plan to write mostly about my everyday life or things that boggle my mind. I guess what I am trying to say is, I just want to use this blog as a way to keep my brain on writing mode 24/7. 

I do not know how you came across my blog, but I am happy that you are here. I promise not be a bore, but I may not always be funny and witty so you have been warned. And truth be told, I may not always have much to say, but I will try to make what little words flow from my brain a bit interesting. I hope you will come back tomorrow for my very first post, "The Argument My Husband Doesn't Know We Just Had." It's a good one.

In the meantime, I want to share a funny exchange I had with with my five year-old, whom we will call Block Boy from here on out {he loves Legos!}:

Me:              Will you please grab a wipe and clean up that 'work of art' on your leg before we leave?

Block Boy:   Uh, it's not a work of art. It's just a drawing I did.

Me:              I know that. I was being sarcastic. 

Block Boy:  Sa-castic? Eeeeww!!! That sounds SO gross. Just disgusteding!



1 comment: