Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Reading Challenges and the Apocalypse

I joined the GoodReads reading challenge this year and really set the bar high. Silly old me thought she could read 150 books in 2017. Bahaha!! I can hear my husband and kids laughing. So far this year, I have only read 6 books. SIXXXX!!! I blame the current state of our nation and all the politics. It seems like I spend a lot of time reading newspaper articles that lead to other news stories that lead to other articles and so on and so on. By the time I am done reading all about the world has gone to shit and we will all probably die soon, it's time to go meems. (Meems = to sleep or sleep, it's a Mexican mom thing, haha!)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I failed at NaNoWriMo. Again.
And again, I blame politics. I mean, NaNo is in NOVEMBER!! In 2016, November sucked

I'm slowly getting back to writing and I've started reading a lot more this summer. It's a far stretch, but I'm hoping to be able to catch up and get as close to my reading challenge as possible. 
Also, I did change my goal to 75 because, REALITY. Hahaha!

Until Next Time,
V~

No comments:

Post a Comment